Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Librarian OER Marketing and Promotion Activities
Here is a list of potential librarian activities to achieve the goal of OER adoption/adaption:
- influencing the creation of OER on campus
- making assessments of resource credibility
- establishing peer review blogs, forums, webinars, YouTube videos
- marketing campus developed OER to other national/international faculty
- advising faculty on copyright and OER copyright licenses
- illustrating what other community and four-year institutions have achieved to our own faculty
- establishing communication links between TMCC faculty and peer faculty across institutions who use OER
- finding additional materials for adoption and adaption
- keeping up to date in national success stories in order to keep the strategies and resource flow current.
- maintaining a monthly or bi-weekly email academic program specific posting of who is achieving what in academia in regard to OER and what the achieved outcomes are
- getting involved with Creative Commons, open source publishers, The Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources (CCCOER)
- establishing a central clearinghouse for credible OER resources