Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Nursing and Allied Health Databases
The databases listed in this Research Guide are available only to Truckee Meadows Community College students, faculty and staff. You will need your TMCC credentials (Username and Password) to access them off-campus.
- PubMed The premier health database developed by the National Library of Medicine. There is a free full text subset called PMC.
- CINAHL Plus: CINAHL Plus® with Full Text is a robust collection of full text for nursing & allied health journals, providing full text for more than 770 journals indexed in CINAHL®.
- Dental & Oral Sciences Source (EBSCO): This collection covers all facets relating to the areas of dentistry including dental public health, endodontics, facial pain & surgery, odontology, oral & maxillofacial pathology/surgery/radiology, orthodontology, pediatric dentistry, periodontology, and prosthodontics.
- HealthSource Nursing (EBSCO): This database provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines; also features the AHFS Consumer Medication Information, which covers 1,300 generic drug patient education sheets with more than 4,700 brand names.
- EBSCO A collection of databases including pharmaceutical, psychology, nursing, health, dental, and many more.
- Medline Plus: Contains a medical encyclopedia, a drug database, a medical dictionary, a disease database, and surgery videos. No password required.
- PubMed: Indexes thousands of medical and dental journals, with full-text for many. No password required.
- Refer back to the Home Page of this Guide for search tips.