Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Databases and Open-Source Journals
The library has several good databases for EMHS content. There are also some good open-source journals avalible.
- ABI/Inform Global - this database has thousands of business journals, trade magazines and newspapers which provide coverage of infrastructure security issues directly affecting transportation, energy and manufacturing companies.
- Criminal Justice Collection - "Key subjects covered in the database include law, law enforcement, security, and terrorism."
- EBSCO - this collection of journals has some good content, including some trade magazines and business journals.
- HSDL - the Homeland Security Digital Library is a collection of government documents and congressional hearings relating to all areas of homeland security and emergency management.
- JSTOR - surprisingly, this database has some good national defense journals. Click the Advanced Search option and go down to Journal Filter and browse Military Studies. If you keyword search terrorism and limit to Books, some good but older book chapters are found.
- Military and Intelligence Database - "covers all aspects of the past and current state of military affairs. The database offers content in key subject areas including governmental policies, the socioeconomic effects of war, the structure of the armed forces, and more."
- War & Terrorism Collection - provides "coverage of both historic and contemporary topics in the fields of war and terrorism."