Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Basic Steps to Writing a Research Paper
To begin, answer the following questions:
- When is the assignment due?
- Do I understand the assignment?
- What is the assignment?
- How many pages are required for the research paper?
- Do I have to use specific resources?
- How many resources do I need?
- What kind of resources do I need or must I use?
- What is the required writing and documentation style?
The answers will assist by keeping you focused during the writing process.
--After the Research Guide prepared by Jeff Simpson at Troy University Library.