Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Searching for Business Articles
The databases listed in this Research Guide are available only to Truckee Meadows Community College students, faculty and staff. You will need your TMCC credentials (Username and Password) to access them off-campus.
See also the library discovery system for a broader collection of journal articles.
- ABI/Inform Global is the premier business database. It has over 4,000 journals, trade magazines and business newspapers, including the Economist and the Wall Street Journal. To learn about searching this resource, see the ProQuest User Guide.
- EBSCO is another option for finding business content. The collection has many subsets, and for business topics, you want to select the following for best results:
- Business Source Elite - Offers "full text for over 1,000 business publications" plus over 10,000 company profiles.
- Academic Search Premier - contains some business-related content.
- MasterFILE Premier - contains some business-related content.
- Regional Business News - full text of more than 80 regional business publications, including Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada. Unfortunately, northern Nevada is not covered.
- Business - offers hundreds of full-text business journals and other materials.
- Business Insights Global - a great source to find company information, SWOT reports and more.
Video Tutorials on Searching Business Topics in Selected TMCC Databases:
The top video covers ABI/Inform, the second video explains company searches in EBSCO Business Source Elite, and the bottom video looks at Company Profiles in EBSCO Business Source Elite.
Searching ABI/Inform for Company Information
How to Search for Company Information in EBSCO Business Source Elite
Searching Company Profiles in EBSCO Business Source Elite