Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Remote Access Information
The databases listed in this Research Guide are available only to Truckee Meadows Community College students, faculty and staff. You will need your TMCC credentials (Username and Password) to access them off-campus.
Digital Reference Books
- Encyclopedia of Substance Abuse Prevention, Treatment, & Recovery, 2009
- Coverage includes areas such as:
- neurobiology of addiction
- models of addiction
- socio-cultural perspectives on drug use
- family and community factors
- prevention theories and techniques
- The Gale Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders
- Provides understandable yet detailed information on mental disorders and conditions. Includes entries for all 150 disorders classified in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, text revision (DSM-IV-TR).
- Encyclopedia of Multicultural Psychology
This encyclopedia presents a thorough overview of the psychology of racial, ethnic, and minority issues in the United States.