Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is the Nevada Historical Society?
Nevada Historical Society,`1650 North Virginia Street,`Reno, NV 89503 775-688-1190
- Location and Directions
- The Society is located on North Virginia Street, on the UNR campus. We are located across the parking lot from the Fleischmann Planetarium.
- Admission Fees
- $5 adults, free for children 17 and under and all museum members. Wheelchair access ramp is in front of the building.
- Designated Parking has signage posted on the east side of our building. If those spaces are taken, you can use any available UNR parking spaces, including space behind the KNPB station. We have free, temporary parking passes available at the Admissions office that you can place on your dashboard. Persons with disabilities may use the designated spaces in the parking lot in front of the museum.
- Hours of Operation
- Museum and Museum Store
- Tuesday thru Saturday 10:00 am - 4:30 pm (closed Sundays and Mondays) Closed: All state Holidays and UNR Home Football Games
- Research Library
- Wednesday thru Saturday 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm, Closed: All state Holidays and UNR Home Football Games
Nevada Historical Society Building
Nevada Historical Society Quarterly
The Nevada Historical Society Quarterly journal is available digitally online and is searchable by keyword.