Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Books, eBooks, Databases and Websites of Interest
Modernist Cuisine by
Call Number: REF TX 651 .M94
Publication Date: 2011-03-14
Book website: https://modernistcuisine.com/books/modernist-cuisine/
Seasoning Savvy by
Call Number: TX 819.A1 A764
Publication Date: 1999-07-19
All you need to know about seasonings and how to use them.
- Culinary Ephemera : An Illustrated History - a trove of enchanting designs, appealing colors, and forgotten motifs that stir the imagination, features an unprecedented assortment of ephemera, or paper collectibles, related to food. It includes images of postcards, match covers, menus, labels, posters, brochures, valentines, packaging, advertisements, and other materials from nineteenth- and twentieth-century America.
- Culinary Reactions: the Everyday Chemistry of Cooking.
- Encyclopedia of Pasta - the first book to provide a complete history of pasta in Italy, telling its long story via the extravagant variety of shapes it takes and the even greater abundance of names by which it is known.
- Food: a Culinary History. A great history of food, eating, and culture.
- Food and Wine Pairing: a Sensory Experience.
- Food Jobs : 150 Great Jobs for Culinary Students, Career Changers and FOOD Lovers - this book offers profiles of food jobs by the dozen--everything from the traditional (maitre d', caterer, dietitian) to the behind-the-scenes (restaurant consultant, kitchen designer, hotel promoter) to the holy-cow-I-can-get-paid-for-that? (yacht chef, tea taster, fortune cookie message writer).
- Restaurant, Food & Beverage Market Research Handbook 2016-2017 - this book provides consumer spending data, market forecasts, and trends assessments. The trends assessments include discussions of consumer behavioral trends, dining trends, daypart analysis (including snacks and late-night), mealpart analysis, and more.
- The Restaurant Start-up Guide - month-by -month advice for planning and opening your restaurant.
- Foodtimeline.org - a great site with historical food and culinary industry milestones from the long history of humans and our interactions with food. Use Ctrl-F or ⌘-F on Apple computers to search for a specific product (such as Spam) or a food item (such as pickles).
See the video below for assistance on the CUL 106 library assignment.
Librarian Contact Information
Office: LIB 115