Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Databases with Geography Content
There are several databases which offer geography journal access. You will need to enter your TMCC credentials to access these resources off-campus:
- ABI/Inform Global has several academic journals (about 6) covering geography topics. One cultural geography offering is Focus on Geography. Another journal of interest is Transactions in GIS.
- The EBSCO collection of databases has hundreds of geography-related journals and might be a good place to start your geography research.
- JSTOR offers dozens of geography journals and could also be a good research resource for geography topics. Use the Advanced Search option to limit your search to geography journals.
- PLOS (Public Library of Science) - a great open-source database of original peer-reviewed scientific research from scholars around the world. This site has no citation generator, but citations are provided in APA format in a box just below the article abstract.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States - Covers the years 2013–present. Search for statistics on everything from population to business to health and education. For older datasets, see the Statistical Abstracts Series (1889-2012) at the Census Bureau.
See also an expanded list of databases with geography content.