Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Study Skills Resources
- Memorization Techniques (from Willamette University)
- Notetaking (from Dartmouth Academic Skills Center). This site is great - it also has advice on the whole suite of study skills, from listening to memory and retention to test-taking.
- Notetaking (Penn State)
- Test Taking Tips (Penn State) - excellent advice on preparing for all kinds of academic tests.
- Test Taking Strategies from the University of South Florida.
Books in the Library
In the Library Book Catalog, try a Subject search for Critical Thinking or Study Skills. You will find some of the following Subject Headings. Note that some of these will be eBooks:
Sub-topics of the Study Skills subject include:
eBooks in Library Collections
- There are hundreds of great eBooks covering study skills. A few good ones are:
Search the EBSCO databases for articles about study skills, time management, and more.
To learn how to search effectively, see the Getting Started page in our Research Methods Research Guide.