Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Industry Organizations & Informational Sites
- Airport Councils International - "advances the collective interests of, and acts as the voice of the world’s airports. " Also collects statistics on airport operations.
- ACI - North America - "represents local, regional and state governing bodies that own and operate commercial airports in the United States and Canada. " Also collects statistics on airport operations in North America.
- American Society of Transportation and Logistics - " is the premier professional organization for transportation and logistics professionals." APICS has merged with this group.
- Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals - a professional organization "dedicated to the advancement and dissemination of research and knowledge on supply chain management."
- Country Commercial Guides - produced by the U.S. Commerce Dept., these guides summarize the business climate of dozens of countries, and include export information, marketing and business travel information.
- Daily Cargo.com - " is a comprehensive logistics information website" that covers and collects news items from around the world in the logistics and supply chain industry.
- Fleet Equipment Magazine - this trade magazine deals with everything in the truck transport world. It reports on industry news and the latest in truck components and degin.
- Intermodal Association of North America – IANA is "North America's leading industry trade association representing the combined interests of the intermodal freight industry."
- International Society of Logistics - seeks to "enhance the art and science of logistics technology, education and management."
- Material Handling Industry of America - the "nation's largest material handling, logistics and supply chain association."
- National Motor Freight Traffic Association - this group acts to "promote, advance and improve the welfare and interests of the motor carrier industry and the motor carriers operating in commerce, both domestically and/or internationally."
- Transportation Research Board - "promotes innovation and progress in transportation through research." This group has an amazing variety of reports and studies on all modes of transportation. Numerous links to relevant agencies are also included.
- World Port Source - this site contains details and satellite images of hundreds of ports around the world. Websites and other contact information is provided when available.
- Zipline Logistics Blog - a constantly-updated series of articles on topics of interest to logistics professionals.
University Logistics/Supply Chain Program Sites
International and Governmental Organizations
- Bureau of Transportation Statistics - the BTS gathers and publishes statistics about all aspects of transportation and shipping in the United States.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) - "The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is an organization of 189 countries, working to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability, facilitate international trade, promote high employment and sustainable economic growth, and reduce poverty around the world."
- United States Department of Commerce - " The Department works with businesses, universities, communities, and the Nation’s workers to promote job creation, economic growth, sustainable development." The department also promotes international trade and investment by U.S. companies.
- World Trade Organization (WTO)- "The World Trade Organization (WTO) is the only global international organization dealing with the rules of trade between nations."