Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How To Use The TMCC Book Catalog To Locate A Children's Book
TMCC Library Book Catalog
Subject Headings for Information in Early Childood Education
Information on Early Childhood Education may be found under these Subject Headings:
Call Numbers in Early Childhood Education
Information on Early Childhood Education is most likely to be found in these call number areas:
- BF 712-724 Developmental psychology Including infant psychology,
- HQ 767.8-792.2 Children. Child development Including child rearing, child life, play, socialization, children's rights
- L 7-991 Education (General)
- LA 5-2396 History of education
- LB 5-3640 Theory and practice
- LB 1025-1050.75 Teaching (Principles and practice)
- LB 1050.9-1091 Educational psychology
- LB 1139.2-1139.5 Early childhood education
- LB 1501-1547 Primary education
- LC 8-6691 Special aspects
- LC 8-59 Forms of education
- LC 65-245 Social aspects
- LC 980-1099.5 Types of education
- RJ 125-145 Physiology of children and adolescents
Library Reference Collection
Reference books are condensed, authoritative books such as encyclopedias. Many reference books contain primary sources and original documents.
Very large and very good collection, shelved mainly on the second floor of the Main Library. Ask the Reference Librarians for assistance. These books are allowed to leave the library.
Online Books in the Book and Video Catalog
These books are best searched through the direct link to the Ebsco and eBrary database.
Sample Record for a Book in the Library Catalog
Here is a sample book from the Library Catalog.
The Exceptional Child, 7th ed. by
Call Number: LC4019.2 .A42 2012
Publication Date: 2011
The most comprehensive and applied text available on early childhood special education. The text covers foundational issues facing teachers, parents, and paraprofessionals working in inclusive early childhood settings.
How To Use the Washoe Library Book Catalog To Locate A Children's Book