Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Business Databases, Search Strategies and Marketing Topics
The databases listed in this Research Guide are available only to Truckee Meadows Community College students, faculty and staff. You will need your TMCC credentials (Username and Password) to access them off-campus.
- ABI/Inform Global is the premier business database. It has over 4,000 journals, trade magazines and business newspapers, including the Economist and the Wall Street Journal. To learn about searching this resource, see the ProQuest User Guide.
- EBSCO is another option for finding business content. The collection has many subsets, and for business topics, you want to select the following for best results:
- Business Source Elite - Offers "full text for over 1,000 business publications" plus over 10,000 company profiles (see selected title list below).
- Academic Search Premier - contains some business-related content.
- MasterFILE Premier - contains some business-related content.
- Regional Business News - full text of more than 80 regional business publications, including Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada. Unfortunately, northern Nevada is not covered.
Browse our additional databases with marketing content.
- Look at your assignment sheets and the keywords and chapter titles in your text. These will generate search terms for the databases. Use quotes around phrases. For example;
- "consumer behavior" AND marketing
- "artificial intelligence" AND marketing
- "marketing plans" AND consumers