Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Where are we located?
The Truckee Meadows Community College Archives are housed on the second floor of the TMCC Learning Commons, located inside the Sierra Building on the Dandini Campus.
Donate to the Archives!
If you have any documents, photographs, artifacts, or other items relating to our college and its history that you would like to donate, please contact us to set up an appointment.
What will I find in the Archives?
The Truckee Meadows Community College Archives is a repository for a wide variety of information relating to the history of the college. Documents and information are available detailing the Nevada Community College movement in the late 1960s, the inception of Western Nevada Community College in 1971, and the eventual split and creation of Truckee Meadows Community College in 1979. Our goal is to preserve records and information of permanent historical value to Truckee Meadows Community College.
We have numerous documents, photographs, and artifacts relating to the following subjects, which include but are not limited to:
- History and origin of Community Colleges in Nevada
- Accreditation documentation and Self Studies
- Site Selection Studies and Long Range Plans
- Capital Improvements, Building Plans, and Master Plans
- History and information relating to Academic Programs
- Complete record of Class Schedules and Course Catalogs
- Athletic programs at Western Nevada Community College
- Student Publications dating to 1973
- Graduation Commencement programs dating to 1972
- TMCC Fact Books
- Staff and Faculty Directories dating to 1971
- Historical Photographs of People, Places, and Events
How do I access the Archives?